CTI Logistics Limited (CTI) encompasses a diverse range of business activities including warehousing and transport, couriers and plastics manufacturing.
CTI is committed to eliminating work place injuries and illness by providing a safe and healthy work environment that is free from risk to all employees, contractors, and visitors.
For CTI to achieve its objective the board and management will:
- Provide and maintain safe workplaces and equipment, including safety equipment and develop and enforce safe work practices.
- Comply with all relevant statutory safety and health legislation, regulations, codes of practice and industry standards.
- Provide ongoing safety and health information and training to all employees to enable them to identify and eliminate (where possible) all workplace hazards and work practices that could result in an injury or illness.
- Clearly define all safety and health roles and responsibilities within CTI.
- Maintain a safety and health risk management system where hazards in the workplace are identified, assessed and eliminated (where possible) or else controlled according to the hierarchy of controls.
- Consult with staff on safety and health matters and respond appropriately to all matters raised.
- Set measurable safety and health objectives and targets to support the aim of zero injury and illness within the workplace.
- Monitor and report on safety and health targets and objectives to ensure continuous improvement.
- Provide a consistent approach to safety and health matters across all CTI business activities.
- Provide injury management services and support to all employees in the event of a work related injury or illness in order to facilitate the injured employees’ return to work.
- Promote a culture where personal responsibility for safety and health at all levels within the organisation is second nature.
- Commit adequate resources to meet all statutory safety and health obligations and to implement this policy.
A high standard in Occupational Safety and Health can only be achieved with the co-operation and active participation of all CTI employees, managers and contractors.